Minor Connections is a weekly feature that brings fresh minor league content to your fingertips. Grab a cup of coffee and let’s take a look at the top stories down on the farm.
John Sickels / Minor League Ball–Prospect of the Day Eric Surkamp, LHP, San Francisco Giants
- Sickels breaks down Giants prospect Eric Surkamp in his regular Prospect of the Day feature.
- In the final installment of Are We There Yet?, author “WTF” continues to break down the growth of the Pirates farm system over the last five years.
Al Skorupa / Bullpen Banter–Victor Roache Scouting Report
- Already looking ahead to the 2012 Draft, Skorupa breaks down the potential top ten pick. The Georgia Southern outfielder has been raking in the Cape Cod League.
- Garrioch breaks down the 2012 Prep class of the draft. For the first time in a long time it appears to be bat heavy.
Lincoln Hamilton & Steve Carter / Project Prospect–2012 MLB Top Prospects
- Keeping with the theme of the 2012 MLB draft, ProjectProspect.com offers their thoughts on next years big names.
- Eradi checks in with Hamilton as he winds down his quest for 100 stolen bases. If successful, Hamilton would be the first person since Esix Snead to steal 100 bases in a season.
- Making his final rehab start before returning to the Majors, Stephen Strasburg pitched Double-A Harrisburg back to the postseason. Strasburg allowed one hit while striking out four batters over six innings in the Senators’ 10-0 rout of the Portland Sea Dogs to clinch the Eastern League Western Division title.