- The South Carolina Gamecocks won the College World Series for the second consecutive year last night. Aaron Fitt breaks down key moments in the game and series.
Danny Wild / MLB.com: Holmberg runs scoreless streak to 34
- Arizona Diamondbacks prospect David Holmberg currently has a 34 inning scoreless streak in the Midwest League. Danny Wild reports on Holmbergs’ wild ride.
John Parker / MLB.com: First-rounder Wong strong in debut
- Cardinals first-rounder Kolten Wong went 2-for-2 reached base four times in his pro debut for Quad Cities. John Parker breaks down Wongs debut.
- Corey Spangenberg is tied for the early Northwest League lead with 11 RBIs in 10 games. The 20-year-old second baseman has five two-hit efforts over his past seven games and is batting .394.
- Teheran (8-1) leads the International League with a 1.79 ERA and 0.95 WHIP while ranking second in wins and opponents’ batting average (.208). The 20-year-old right-hander has won four of his past five starts, putting together a 1.00 ERA during that stretch.